RIDE COMMAND Direct Privacy Notice to Parents or Legal Guardians
Last Updated: November 1, 2022
RIDE COMMAND+ delivers the features of RIDE COMMAND, as well as additional connectivity, including remote vehicle location services, vehicle health monitoring, and more (collectively “the Services”). The Services are not designed for or targeted to children under the age of 13. However, to the extent we collect information from a youth vehicle on which the Services are enabled (a “Youth Connected Vehicle”) while it is used or ridden by a child under the age of 13, we are providing this direct privacy notice to parents or legal guardians (“Direct Notice”) to describe our practices involving the online collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained from such Youth Connected Vehicles, including information about their use by riders.
Before allowing the Services to collect information from a Youth Connected Vehicle, including any such vehicle being used by a child under the age of 13, you must consent to our online collection, use, or disclosure of such personal information. By enabling the Services on a vehicle or accessing or using the Services, you provide such consent.
For additional information about our privacy practices, please see our RIDE COMMAND Privacy Notice. By purchasing a vehicle equipped with RIDE COMMAND or by accessing or using the Services, you acknowledge and agree to the RIDE COMMAND Terms of Service. Our practices may change as we release updates and new products or features. We encourage you to read the terms associated with such releases and regularly review both our RIDE COMMAND Privacy Notice and this Direct Notice.
What Information Do We Collect About Youth Connected Vehicles and the Use of Them?
We may collect information, including personal information, from a Youth Connected Vehicle, as described below:
- Information about the Youth Connected Vehicle and use of it, including VIN, mileage, oil/battery status, fuel level and remaining miles, odometer readings, battery voltage, tire pressure, oil levels, engine temperature, diagnostic trouble codes, electrical system function, gear status, environmental data (such as air temperature), and usage of vehicle features such as the infotainment system.
- Information about the location of the Youth Connected Vehicle, including geolocation, speed, and direction.
- Information from connected devices or mobile applications that pertain to the Youth Connected Vehicle or use of it, including information from any third-party devices or mobile applications that you connect to the Services.
You can learn more about our collection of such information in the RIDE COMMAND Privacy Notice, which also explains how to disable the collection of vehicle geolocation information and certain vehicle and usage information from a Youth Connected Vehicle, and that some or all connected-vehicle functionality will be lost if you do so. The use of a Youth Connected Vehicle is not conditioned upon the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary for the Services’ features and functionality.
How Do We Use Such Information?
We may use the information we collect from a Youth Connected Vehicle as described below:
- To provide, maintain, protect, and improve our vehicles, products, websites, mobile applications, and services, including the Services;
- To develop new vehicles, products, websites, mobile applications, and services;
- To promote our vehicles, products, websites, mobile applications, and services, including the Services;
- To communicate with and manage our relationship with you;
- To address warranty claims and provide vehicle and product service and support;
- To address legal issues;
- For our internal business operations as permitted by applicable law, and other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected; and
- For other reasons with your consent.
We may anonymize or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any purpose, including for research and product-development purposes. Such information will not identify any person individually.
For more information about how we may use the information we collect from a Youth Connected Vehicle, please see the RIDE COMMAND Privacy Notice.
How and with Whom Do We Share Such Information?
We may share or otherwise disclose the information we collect from a Youth Connected Vehicle as described below:
- Among the Polaris family of brands and companies, including Polaris Inc. subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With third parties who provide services to us.
- With our dealers, distributors, and other business partners for various purposes, including, for example, in connection with the service or maintenance of the Youth Connected Vehicle and to provide warranty, recall, and service information.
- With third parties for legal reasons when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary in accordance with applicable law.
- With third parties in the event in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- With your consent, including when you share ride-related information with others.
We may share anonymized or aggregated information internally and with third parties for any purpose. Such information will not identify any person individually.
For more information about how we may share the information we collect from a Youth Connected Vehicle, please see the RIDE COMMAND Privacy Notice.
Parental Controls and Contact Information
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to ask to review the personal information collected from your Youth Connected Vehicle or request the deletion of that information. You may also contact us at email@example.com if you have any other questions or requests pertaining to this Direct Notice.